Monday 28 March 2011

March 28th - Monday

Its funny really I look forward to Sundays so much because it's my day off, but once it comes I find myself wanting to to do something.  It's like an itch I really want to scratch.  Yesterday I wanted to do some body weight training (crunches, press ups, side crunches etc..)  I was watching Rocky 4 on ITV4 so I guess watching Rocky training with the Cart and rocks was a driver for that.

All joking apart I get this every Sunday without fail.  But the difference today is that I normally have to push myself to get going on Mondays but today I was really up for training. 

I've started taking Creatine and I finished the stacking up yesterday so I'm on the 1 -2 scoops a day.  I took my scoop of creatine before I trained (about an hour before)  When I was ready I did

30 mins skipping with the heavy rope.

10   -   Bent over Rows
10   -   Upright Rows
10   -   Good Morning
10   -   Split Squats (Each side)
10   -   Push Press
10   -   Straight Legged Dead Lift
10   -   Military Press

60 secs rest and repeat 6 more times.  (This is a Randy Couture S&C routine)

After this I rested for 2 mins then did

100    -   Crunches

60 sec rest

100    -   Side Crunches

60 sec rest

100    -   Twist Crunches

I then stopped for lunch.  Not the most interesting of lunches,  I had mushroom and chicken Pate on Wholemeal bread. Two sandwiches.  A cup of green tea and 1 apple.

I work for myself running a couple of companies which I have to work into my day to day training. 

It's about 4.30pm and I am going to get onto the Recumbent exercise  Bike for 40mins. 
I was running 3 miles 6 days a week until I got shin splints which has prevented me from doing this at the moment but I am starting run this week.

After the bike I will do 20mins on BOB (Body Opponent Bag) then that's me done for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment