Tuesday 29 March 2011

March 29th - Tuesday

I got on the bike yesterday and did 16.10k in 38mins 19secs,  Not sure if that's a good time or not time?

I woke this morning feeling tight and sore in the back of my thighs, so I did 20mins stretching to loosen the muscles off.  Not sure I did enough yesterday as it was 8pm by the time I finally got on the bike.

Today is a cardio day for me and I like to mix it up with body weight training.  First thing this morning I did the following

10 mins Skipping

100  -  Left jabs on the heavy bag
100  -  Right Jabs on the heavy bag
100  -  Left front kicks
100  -  Right front kicks

2 min rest

100  -  Crunches
100  -  Side Crunches  -  Left
100  -  Side Crunches  -  Right
100  -  Push Ups

Lunch

3.2 mile run tonight.  I like to do the run either first thing in the morning or in the evenings because the roads are less busy and its cooler too.  I normally do this run in 24 - 26 minutes.   I'm curious what other people do this in?  Please do put your times down it you want.
The guys I train with have some amazing times they run in but they are about three stones lighter than me. (I'm 205lb at the moment)

I've been training for a little while now since my meningitis and I am definitely feeling the improvements.

No comments:

Post a Comment